Scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference – Copenhagen, Denmark
Deadline: May 15, 2015
Women Deliver is now accepting applications from people 30 and older for Scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference. The scholarships are awarded to stand-out advocates who have proven their commitment to advancing the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world.
About the Conference
Women Deliver’s conferences are the world’s largest global convenings to focus on the health, rights and well-being of girls and women. The conference, which will be held in Copenhagen from 16–19 May 2016, will bring together world leaders, advocates, policymakers, journalists, young people, researchers and leaders of the private sector and civil society to showcase what it means and how it works when women and girls become the focus of development efforts.
The focus of the conference will be on how to implement SDGs as they relate to girls and women, with a specific focus on health – in particular maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights – and the inter-connections with gender equality, education, environment, and economic empowerment.
This opportunity includes:
- A scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- A chance to connect with a wide range of policymakers, donors, activists, and journalists from the highest levels to the grassroots to review progress, discuss challenges, and push for new and ambitious commitments toward improving the lives of girls and women.
A full scholarship to the Women Deliver 2016 Conference will include:
- Conference registration
- Roundtrip economy class airline travel between your home airport and Copenhagan, Denmark, which will be arranged by Women Deliver’s travel provider
- Reimbursement of the cost to acquire a new visa as required to enter Denmark (In order to obtain reimbursement, you will be required to present a receipt at the conference. Women Deliver will not pay any fees associated with obtaining new passports or renewing expired passports.)
- $50 for ground transportation to and from the airport within your home country and round trip ground transportation between the Copenhagan airport and your hotel (arrangements will be made by Women Deliver and will require the use of mass transportation)
- Overnight accommodations at a hotel selected by Women Deliver in Copenhagan for the duration of the conference
- $50 per diem, per night stayed at the hotel to attend the conference (per diems will not include any extended stays)
- The scholarships is open to people 30years and older
- Applicants should have proven commitment to advancing the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women in their community and around the world.
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed. Women Deliver will notify recipients of scholarships on July 15, 2015. Winners must confirm their participation by August 15, 2015.
For more information and to apply, visit Scholarships to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference.