SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme for Researchers 2015
Deadline: April 30, 2015
The Royal Society is now accepting applications for the 2015 SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme through a generous funding from SABMiller plc. The SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme will provide awards of three years’ duration to enable African scientists in sub-Saharan Africa to partner with UK-based institutions.
The SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme is aimed at supporting collaborative research projects between researchers in the UK and researchers in sub-Saharan Africa. The programme will focus on, but not be restricted to Ghana and Tanzania.
The Programme will concentrate on three research areas:
- Water and Sanitation – including water engineering and irrigation, waste water management, and other related projects
- Agriculture (except animal or veterinary science) and Crop Science (land, soil management and crop production)
- Renewable Energy – including solar-/wind-/hydro-energies, energy capture and storage and other related projects
Value of Award
The award will consist of:
- travel and subsistence up to £5,000 per year for training purposes
- funds up to £2,000 per year for research costs
The award lasts for 3 years. The total value of the award over 3 years is £21,000.
- Applicants must have a PhD or equivalent research experience
- Applicants must hold a permanent or fixed term contract in an eligible university or research institute which must span the duration of the project
- Collaborations should be based on a single project between “the applicant” (UK based scientist) and “co-applicant” (African based scientist).
- Applicants should ensure that they meet all the eligibility requirements, which are explained in the scheme notes.
For more information, visit SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme.