2015-16 Scholarships for MSc in Global Mental Health
Deadline: April 30, 2015
The Centre for Global Mental Health is offering up to four Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarships to students accepted onto the 2015-16 MSc in Global Mental Health.
Msc in Global Mental Health
- This course is taught jointly at the Centre for Global Mental Health (CGMH) partner institutions –King’s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN) and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- The course is full-time for one year, part-time for two years.
- Teaching faculty from the two institutions include international leaders in the new discipline of Global Mental Health.
The course will focus on the development, scaling up, and evaluation of locally appropriate and feasible strategies to reduce the burden of mental disorders, including policy, health systems, health services and clinical interventions. Training in epidemiological and health services research methods will be provided to equip students with the skills needed to monitor and evaluate mental health programmes.
- Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees
- Living expense stipend of £14,000
- Applicants must hold an offer of admission to the MSc in Global Mental Health commencing in 2015-16. Click here for more details on how to apply for the MSc.
- A strong preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of, and have been ordinarily resident in, low- and middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) for the last three years. Consideration will also be given to exceptional applicants who have extensive work or volunteer experience in low- and middle-income countries.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries (as specified by the Home Office – UKVI) must meet the following English Language Requirements: 7.0 overall for IELTS, with at least 7.0 for written English and at least 6.0 for the other skills. Detailed information about this requirement can be found here.
Note: Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews, which may be held in person or by telephone or Skype.
How to Apply
- Submit an application to the MSc through the King’s College London online application portal
- Submit a completed Janssen Pharmaceutica Scholarship application form and evidence of English language proficiency to [email protected]