UNEP Logo Design Competition for World Environment Day (WED) 2015 – Win a trip to Milan, Italy!
Deadline: April 19, 2015
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) invites designers around the world to create and submit their best logo design for the World Environment Day (WED) 2015 campaign. The designer whose logo is selected to be the official logo for 2015 WED will win a trip to Milan, Italy to visit the Expo Milano 2015.
World Environment Day (WED) is the United Nations’ principal vehicle for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the environment. It serves as the ‘people’s day’ for doing something positive for the environment, galvanizing individual actions into a collective power that generates an exponential positive impact on the planet. The WED theme this year is therefore Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.
The winner of the competition will receive the following:
- an economy class return ticket to Milan for one person
- daily allowance for two nights in Milan (per UN standard travel rules and guidelines)
- a two-day ticket to the Milan Expo
Winner must travel to Milan during the Expo (1 May – 31 October).
- The Competition is open only to individuals.
- Companies, educational institutions, organisations, etc., or groups associated with such institutions are not eligible.
- The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for UNEP’s World Environment Day campaign. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. The logo should visually capture in a simple, appealing and exciting way the message behind the slogan: “Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.”
- Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white, as well as in colour. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- Entrants should ensure that their submissions are their original work and have not yet been previously used for any other purpose by any other entity.
- Any fonts, image and any other design elements used in the logos must be free from copyright and if with copyright, this must be transferrable to UNEP.
- When selected as the winning logo, the designer will be asked to render language versions of the logo in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish using language versions of the different components that will be provided by UNEP.
- The logo must not contain any other element besides those that are required per point 5 above.
The basic logo composition must include the following:
- the UNEP logo – download from http://bit.ly/1Dy9cRe
- the campaign title “World Environment Day 5 June”
- the slogan “Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.”
The winning design will be selected by UNEP Division of Communications and Public Information representatives based on the following criteria:
- relevance of interpretation and clarity of the theme to the viewer;
- creativity and originality;
- universality of rendition (appealing to all cultures)
How to enter the competition
- Participants must submit logo entries by email attachment to WorldEnvironmentDay@unep.org with the subject heading “WED 2015 logo design”. Logos should be received in the World Environment Day mailbox
- The entries must be submitted in PDF or JPG (300 dpi). See the Submission Guidelines above for further information.
- The email must include the full name, address and phone number of the Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below and those that fail to do so will be disqualified.
- A logo entry must consist of the following files – each in PDF or JPG:
- the basic logo composition in colour
- the basic logo composition in grayscale.
For more information, visit UNEP Logo Design Competition.