UNESCO ANESI’s Student Exchange Programme – Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: June 30, 2015
UNESCO Nairobi is accepting applications for the 2015 ANESI’s Student Exchange Programme. In the framework of the Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, UNESCO has facilitated the setting up the African Network of Earth Science Institutions (ANESI) to promote high quality research and training through collaboration and partnership among Earth science institutions.
The Student Exchange Programme is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to increase the mobility of students in Africa. The exchange program duration is minimum two weeks and maximum one month.
- A maximum of 1,500 USD/student if a student is applying or maximum 6000 USD/institution (four students) if an institution is applying. The grant will cover the travel and subsistence costs.
- In cases where the travel is for laboratory analysis, ANESI may cover some additional costs (not exceeding 1,000 USD) after evaluating the proposal, though ANESI encourages host institutions to share these costs.
This call targets:
- Young Earth science postgraduate students (MSc and PhD) willing to participate in a specific course or to use a research facility in another African institution;
- African Earth science institutions willing to host students from other African countries for a specific course.
To be eligible, you need to:
- Be a citizen of an African country;
- Be a current MSc or PhD student in an African institution;
- Be endorsed by the home institution
- Have identified the host institution
Each candidate must submit an application comprising:
- A detailed proposal describing the activity to be undertaken and explaining how the programme will help advancing his/her research (5 pages maximum)
- A formal endorsement by the home institution
- A formal approval of the host institution
Send your application to Peter Manyara, UNESCO Nairobi email@example.com. Candidates should submit their application using the UNESCO CV form.
For more information, visit ANESI’s Student Exchange Programme.