UNESCO ANESI’s Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists 2015
Deadline: June 30, 2015
Applications are now accepted for the 2015 ANESI’s Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists. In the framework of the Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, UNESCO has facilitated the setting up the African Network of Earth Science Institutions (ANESI) to promote high quality research and training through collaboration and partnership among Earth science institutions.
The Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to improve the involvement of women in post-graduate studies. The objective of this programme is to attract best performing female students to pursue post-graduate education and career in Earth sciences. The programme will support exposure visits to a research environment (facilities, institutions, programs, etc.).
Grant and Duration
- The Visiting Fellowship for Outstanding Women Geoscientists duration is two months.
- A maximum grant of 2500 USD/fellow will cover the travel and subsistence costs.
This call targets institutions willing to:
- Encourage their best performing young MSc graduate females to pursue PhD programmes;
- Support their best performing ongoing PhD female students.
Institutions should submit on behalf of their best performing post-graduate female student (only one per institution) an application that includes
- A detailed proposal describing the activity to be undertaken and explaining how the programme will help advancing his/her research (5 pages maximum);
- A letter of nomination;
- A details of the host institution in Africa including its formal approval;
- A work plan toward completion of the PhD.
Priority will be given to applicants who have received assurance of provision of additional support. ANESI will require a report from the host institution and from the beneficiaries immediately upon completion of the exchange program.
Send your application to Peter Manyara, UNESCO Nairobi firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should submit their application using the UNESCO CV form.
For more information, visit UNESCO ANESI’s Visiting Fellowship.