2015 Confucius Institute International Scholarship to Study Chinese in China
Deadline: May 10, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2015 Confucius Institute Scholarship program. The Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban has launched the Scholarship program to sponsor foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese in relevant universities of China.
The scholarship has been established for the purpose of supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitating international promotion of Chinese language and dissemination of Chinese culture, as well as cultivating qualified Chinese-language teachers and excellent Chinese-language learners.
The scholarship of 2015 is divided into 5 categories:
- Scholarship for Students of Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages（MTCSOL)
- Scholarship for Students of One-Academic-Year + MTCSOL
- Scholarship for Students of Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages（BTCSOL)
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students
- Scholarship for One-Semester Students
- Scholarship for Four-Weeks Students
Scholarship winners are exempt from tuition, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with monthly living allowance, and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China.
Monthly living allowances are provided at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- CNY 2,500 for Bachelor’s Degree Students, One-Academic-Year Students and One-Semester Students.
- CNY 3,000 for Master’s Degree Students.
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good health
- Applicants should be aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45, and applicants for BTCSOL scholarship should be aged below 20).
Applicants can log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website, set up an individual account, read information and introduction of host institutes and majors, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online.
The following electronic files should be attached as well:
- Photocopy of passport photo page.
- Photocopies of HSK、HSKK score reports.
- Notarized highest education diploma attained (scheduled graduation proof or official proof of student status)
- Reference letter and letter of commitment.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
- Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the certificate of scholarship. Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall submit award proof and a reference letter from the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate) in the competition area.
- Chinese language teachers shall submit the proof of the length of time in teaching and weekly teaching hours provided by institutes they work for.
- Those applying for scholarship of One-Academic-Year + MTCSOL are required to provide the agreement signed with the Confucius Institute or the institute which they will be working for.
- Other materials required by host institutes.
For more information, visit Confucius Institute Scholarship.