Central European University Undergraduate Summer Conference
Deadline: May 22, 2015
The Department of Legal Studies of Central European University (CEU) is inviting proposals of papers by undergraduate law students and by freshly graduated law students from European law schools and law departments for its first undergraduate summer conference.
The aim of the conference is to provide a platform for young lawyers to present and discuss their research papers on current topics on international business law, human rights and constitutional law in English, with an international audience at CEU. The conference will take place on August 27-28, 2015 in Budapest, Hungary.
The paper proposals should be focused on one of the following topics:
- Contemporary challenges in the harmonization of business law;
- Criminal justice in the 21st century;
- New horizons of intellectual property law;
- Grappling with diversity in search of equality for all;
- Settlement of commercial disputes in the 21st century;
- Hate and the law.
- Documented travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of EUR 300 based upon an application, followed by individual needs assessment.
- Accommodation will be provided for up to three nights at the CEU Residence Center.
Open to undergraduate law students in their last year of studies and to freshly graduated law students (within one year of graduation) from European law schools and law departments.
- Submit an abstract, no longer than 300 words to [email protected] The writers of successful proposals will be notified at the latest by 5 June 2015.
- Final papers are due by 10 August 2015 and should be no longer than 20 double spaced pages long (including footnotes).
- Papers with a comparative, regional or international dimension are encouraged.
For more information, visit Undergraduate Summer Conference.