Deadline: May 31, 2015
The David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF) is offering scholarships to Africans. These scholarship programs awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to specific universities in Nigeria.
Candidates can apply to their choice course of study. However, special consideration would be given to candidates whose courses fall under the following categories:
- Agriculture and allied courses
- Para Medical science
- Political science
- Education and allied courses
Applicants must :
- Be a citizen of an African country.
- Be a resident of an African nation.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25.
The scholarship program covers all study and travel expenses for the duration of the course of study.
DOF Scholarship Programs
DOF scholars are the recipients for the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship for university scholarships.
They are expected to meet the following criteria in maintaining their scholarship
- Candidates must maintain an overall academic gpa of 4.0 every year.
- Candidates must not be found in violation of school rules and regulations.
- Candidates must not solicit scholarships from other scholarship awarding organizations.
- Candidates must maintain a testimony of integrity in all academic reports and assignments.
- Candidates must not withdraw or take leave of absence during school year without due notification of the Foundation.
- Candidates must be full participatory members of church service units in school.
- Candidates must carry out a yearly 6 week summer volunteer service in approved establishment.
- Also, every scholar is expected to carry out a yearly summer community project that fulfill the following criteria:
(i) Must be focused on community development
(ii)Must be a community based project
(iii)Must engage a volunteer base
(iv) The project must centre around knowledge in current field of study
(v) A video and document report of the project must be generated and submitted to the Foundation at the end of every summer holiday marking the end of the school year.
- The school will be required to generate and send the Foundation a semester by semester report of academic progress. Details here.
DOF Leadership Scholars: This is for individuals who have completed studies at university and intend to pursue post graduate degrees, they are called the DOF leadership scholars. Candidates who apply for the DOF leadership scholar program are expected to
- Spend one year post university teaching in a primary, secondary or tertiary institution.
- Compulsorily participate in the DOF leadership programs designed for the scholars throughout the course of the year.
- Carry out community development projects throughout the course of the year in their respective location.
- Be offered provisional admission for a post graduate degree in approved Nigerian universities.
- At the end of the year, the approved candidates are awarded DOF leaders status and awarded full scholarship for post graduate study.Details here.
DOF Farmers Scholars: This scholarship program of the David Oyedepo foundation is designed to encourage young people to venture into farming as a career. Details here.
How to Apply
Interested applicants need to register on the DOF portal; login and then complete and submit application forms.
For more information, visit David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarships.