2015 Training Fellowship by the European Society of Surgical Oncology
Deadline: October 31, 2015
Individuals are invited to apply for the fellowship by the European Society of Surgical Oncology. The European Society on Surgical Oncology (ESSO) Education and Training Committee (ETC), which is responsible for granting the ESSO fellowships, has realised that candidates often experience difficulties finding a hospital, institute or cancer centre that responds to their specific training needs, mainly because they do not know where to find the information on available opportunities.
The ESSO Education Committee offers a number of Training Fellowships to support trainees in Surgical Oncology. The aim is to allow young surgeons to visit a training fellowships specialist centre outside of their own country and help them expand their experience and learn new techniques.
Two types of fellowship will be granted:
- 8 standard training fellowships (value 2.000 EUR): from 1 to 3 months
- 1 major training fellowship (value 10.000 EUR): from 4 to 12 months
The ETC Fellowship reserves the right to split the major fellowship if 2 candidates are judged to be of equal merit.
- Applicants must be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology (breast, upper GI, hepatobiliary and pancreatic, colorectal, endocrine, head and neck, thoracic, skin cancer and melanoma, gynaecology, urology, sarcoma).
- Applicants must be or become ESSO members before the start date of the award.
- Applicants must be younger than 40 years of age.
- Both European and non-European citizens can apply. European applicants may choose to visit European or non-European units, while non-European applicants must choose to visit a European centre.
- Previous Fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award.
Applications must be submitted in English only and include the following information:
- a completed curriculum vitae application form.
- a motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit;
- a letter of support from their Head of Department,
- a letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit.
- a proposal budget sheet estimating how the funds will be spent
All documents must be sent to ESSO Secretariat in a single PDF document by fax (+32 2 539 03 74) or e-mailed to email@example.com.
For more information, visit ESSO Training Fellowship.