Deadline: June 22,2015
The University Startup World Cup gathers the most promising student startups in the world and brings them together for one intense week of development and networking.This is the chance to spend one week working your idea surrounded by people with knowledge to help you do that. You will be surrounded by like-minded people and be right in the middle of a prospering eco-system.
The week holds pitch session, biz dev sessions, investor meetings, mentor meetups, a trade show, a competition and the chance to build a strong network across the world with students who are passionate about the same things you are.This week will take place in Copenhagen and the surrounding areas. The eco-system in this part of the world has seen a massive development in recent years, with communities such as CPHFTW as the latest addition. This is truly the place to be right now
- The University Startup World Cup is for university students. Therefore, you must have at least one person on your team from a university.
- The team should consist of at least two people in order to participate, and both should be able to travel to Copenhagen in September.
- Participation in all activities are mandatory.
- All the participating teams will receive a one year Startup Mentor Program.
- All the participating teams will, when possible, have access to free services and products under the International Booster Pack.
- All the participating teams will be offered participation in the innovation club, where companies as well as startups can share their knowledge and contribute their valuable feedback.
- All the participating teams will be offered the opportunity to pitch to investors in the following year.
- Cleantech & Enviroment: Energy Efficiency, Waste Management, Pollution reduction etc
- Life Science & Medtech: Biotech, Pharma, Medical devices, healthcare, biomaterials etc
- Mobile & Web: Apps, web services, search engines, augmented reality, near field communication etc.
- Product & Technology: Industrial design, devices, robotics, hardware, nanotech etc.
- Services: Education, consultancy, marketing, tourism etc.
- Social Entrepreneurship: Welfare innovation, social & societal solutions, non-profit organization, 3rd world development etc.
You must be able to cover travel and accommodation expenses to be able to participate in the University Startup World Cup. Once you send in your business plan, you have given consent to being able to participate during the third week of Septembe
How to Apply
- You apply via YouNoodle. Here you can upload your business plan and add all the information about you and your team.“In the countries where national competitions are held under the Venture Cup license, or by Venture Cup’s partners, teams will be selected directly to the final through these competitions.”
- In countries without a Venture Cup partner competition, teams can apply directly through the website.
Sweden: Venture Cup Sweden Competition
Norway: Venture Cup Norway Competition
- If you are interested in becoming a competition partner for University Startup World Cup, please do contact [email protected]
For more information ,visit University Start-up World Cup.