Apply to be a Human Resources Officer at Transparency International
Deadline: June 26, 2015
Transparency International is announcing a job opportunity for a Human Resources Officer at the International Secretariat, Berlin, Germany. Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. The HR Officer Administration is responsible for the coordination of payroll services and overall HR administration in the HR department. He/she is the HR focal point for new and existing staff members in providing information, support and guidance in all HR related matters. The position is limited period of time at TI-secretariat in Berlin, Germany.
The Human Resources Officer is to:
- Coordinate and finalize the monthly payroll with an external service provider including preparation of additional payments and quality checks;
- Inform, advise and assist staff members in payroll and HR administrative matters;
- Administer contracts, works council hearings, official statements, references, insurance applications and claims, etc.;
- Conduct HR induction for new staff members and provide support for the on-boarding process with all relevant information regarding legal and administrative requirements for living and working in Germany;
- Control and maintain staff records in HR files and other documents ensuring all required data is relevant and up to date;
- Support HR related projects and provide input on the development of policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Support the HR Manager and HR team as required (e.g. HR reporting).
This position is classified as Grade II of TI-S Grades and Salary Bands.
Candidates applying should:
- Have 2-3 years of formal education (e.g. apprenticeship, vocational education) or relevant undergraduate degree;
- Have 2+ years of relevant practical experience in HR administration and related tasks;
- Have good knowledge of the German Labour Law, social security, and payroll required;
- have experience with international organisations and multicultural work environments;
- Have complete fluency in written and spoken German as well as fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Have good organisational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Have ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal stakeholders and external partners, service providers and other institutions;
- Have good knowledge of MS Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Be flexible and adaptable, able to handle multiple tasks across a wide range of issues and work under pressure;
- Have proven ability to handle confidential information;
- Be people and service-oriented attitude and intercultural sensitivity.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English to: [email protected]
For more information, visit Job at Transparency International.