Work with Transparency International as Communication Officer
Deadline: June 19, 2015
Here is a great opportunity to work with Transparency International (TI) as Communications Officer. Transparency International is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
The Communications Officer supports the development of communications products to support and better communicate TI’s mission, Programmes, projects, products and advocacy positions. The Communications Officer targets a series of external and internal audiences and stakeholders, including the media, and assists in the writing of products to convey Transparency International’s messaging and position.
As Communication Officer, you will be responsible to
- Draft communications products such as press releases, social media material, blog posts, opinion pieces, speeches, reports, analysis and web features.
- Support communications issues relating to programmes and departments in collaboration with various TI-S and Chapter staff.
- Identify communications opportunities, especially in the press, to increase visibility of TI activities, chapters and programmes.
- Support TI-S media relations for agreed Key Programmes, issues, products, regions, or projects answering media calls and inquiries, pitching stories, identifying and preparing spokespersons for related topics and issues.
- Support Communications department in the work with assigned Chapters and regional departments to support the development of TI-S wide capacity in communications.
- Support media monitoring efforts by preparing analysis for strategic input into communications strategies.
- Contribute to training and capacity building of chapter communications and advocacy initiatives and activities.
The salary is a Grade II scale.
Candidates applying should
- Have University degree or equivalent qualification in communications, journalism, political science, international affairs or other relevant fields.
- Have minimum of 2-3 years of practical experience in communications in an international or media organisation.
- Have experience in media relations, campaigning and event management.
- Have excellent communication skills in English (to native speaker standard) required; additional languages (in particular Arabic, French and/or Spanish) is an asset.
- Have excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Have ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as as part of a team.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative, and creativity.
- High level of intercultural competence, diplomacy and political sensitivity.
- Knowledge of and considerable interest in corruption, governance and development issues and international affairs
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and CV in English to [email protected]
For more information, visit Communications Officer at Transparency International.