Apply: Winter Academy on History and Identity
Deadline: July 10, 2015
Doctoral and postdoctoral scholars from the fields of History, Political Science, Literature, Arts, Cultural Anthropology, Geography, and Sociology are invited to apply for an International Winter Academy that will be convened from December 2 – 12, 2015 in Berlin. This event is titled “Beyond History and Identity: New Perspectives on Aesthetics, Politics, and Society in Eastern Europe.”
The Winter Academy will gather up to 21 doctoral and postdoctoral scholars from different countries and academic backgrounds to present and discuss their current research in an international and multi-disciplinary context. The Academy is designed to support scholarly networks and contribute to closer ties among research activities in and outside of Europe. The program will focus on the following themes:
- Aesthetics and politics;
- Fragmentation and violence;
- Translation and (un)translatability.
Successful applicants will receive a stipend covering travel and accommodation.
- Candidates should be doctoral and postdoctoral researchers from the fields of History, Political Science, Literature, Arts, Cultural Anthropology, Geography, and Sociology who wish to present their ongoing projects in a comparative perspective.
The working language is English, thus application should be in English and should consist of the following:
- A curriculum vitae;
- A three- to five-page outline of the project the applicant is currently working on, with a brief introductory summary thereof;
- A suggestion of two readings relevant for the Winter Academy that applicant would like to discuss with other participants (please provide bibliographical data only, no copies required);
- The names of two university faculty members who can serve as referees (no letters of recommendation required).
Please send your application as one PDF file by email to [email protected]