Apply: Miss.Africa 2015 Seed Funding
Deadline: November 15, 2015
Miss.Africa Initiative led by DCA Academy, is announcing a Seed Fund in Africa that will offer small grants to support women and girls in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields to launch or expand their own initiatives that will increase their digital opportunities in IT related training, jobs and leadership roles. The program is interested in learning about successful activities that are currently supporting women and girls in STEM, and through this effort, identify how to support scalability and their impacts.
Preference will be given to projects that target under-served populations and locations, take a collaborative approach, have a high potential for growth and present an innovative use of technology.
Projects eligible for grant funding include, but are not limited to:
- Computer science workshops and trainings for women and girls.
- Early incubation of female tech entrepreneurs.
- Programming and app development training programs.
- Hackathons and coding boot camps for girls.
July 1, 2015: Miss.Africa Fund Online Application opens.
November 15, 2015: Miss.Africa Seed Fund Application Deadline.
February 2, 2016: Round One of Miss.Africa grants announced.
The 2015 Seed Grant for the amount Five Thousand US dollars ($5,000) will assist the winning initiative to start or expand their capacity.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They should currently resident in an African country (including North and Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Application must be submitted in English.
- Applications can come from an individual (at least 18 years of age), or a representative of a non-governmental organization (NGO) or social enterprise based in Africa.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience conducting activities supporting women and girls in computer science or STEM fields.
- Commitment to developing and contributing to a virtual community for supporting women and girls initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership potential (references will be required for those applying for leadership funds).
- Proposed projects MUST have a tangible impact for women and girls in computer science and/or STEM- related fields.
Complete online application form and send an Expression of Interest (EOI) to email@example.com
For more information, visit Miss.Africa 2015 Seed Funding.