Deadline: July 31, 2015
Nominations for the 2015 Drivers of Change Awards are now open! Nominate individuals, businesses, civil society organisations and government agencies that are making a real impact to end poverty. Drivers of Change Awards recognise individuals and organisations from across southern Africa that are implementing effective public policies and strategies to overcome poverty.
In tandem with the 24th African Union Summit’s declaration of 2015 as “The Year of Women’s Empowerment and Development towards Africa’s Agenda 2063” the 2015 Drivers of Change Awards will specially recognise innovative practices that improve and develop the lives of women and girls in Southern Africa.
The awards were established to hold up living examples of innovative practices, inclusive attitudes and effective processes that build social trust and create the best conditions to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty.
The awards are given in the following categories;
- INVESTING IN THE FUTURE & DRIVERS OF CHANGE CIVIL SOCIETY AWARD: These are projects that demonstrate how civil society contributes to the well-being and development of society. This is awarded to organisations that go beyond the conventional in uplifting destitute and vulnerable communities.
- INVESTING IN THE FUTURE & DRIVERS OF CHANGE BUSINESS AWARD: These are projects that demonstrate how companies contribute to the advancement of society. This award recognises innovative companies whose core business strategies include corporate social responsibility programmes that demonstrate the upliftment of society across all sectors, from education, to arts, health and social development.
- DRIVERS OF CHANGE GOVERNMENT AWARD: This award recognises Government or Inter-Governmental agencies, programmes, or initiatives that create new possibilities and develop new models for policy engagement in the national and regional policy spheres. This is awarded to ministries, government departments, parliaments or parliamentary forums, and intergovernmental organisations are included.
- DRIVERS OF CHANGE INDIVIDUAL AWARD: This award recognises individuals from any sector across business, civil society, or government who have played a significant role in developing new innovative and inclusive approaches to anti-poverty and development work which has resulted in the improvement of the lives of people in the communities they serve.
- Open to women and girls in Southern Africa
- Nominations will be accepted from individuals as well as organisations.
- Nominees should be individuals in government or agencies of government, individuals active in civil society organisations, businesses or governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Recipients in the four categories will demonstrate:
- Innovation in the strategies used to develop better public policy;
- Policy work with a focus on making a real difference to the material conditions of people living in poverty;
- Attentiveness to, and significance for, overcoming poverty and inequality throughout the southern Africa region; and
- Inclusion of diverse voices, including voices of the poor.
How to Nominate
- Complete the Drivers of Change Awards entry form here to nominate individuals, businesses, civil society organisations and government agencies in southern Africa that are making a real impact to end poverty.
- Alternatively, complete the PDF version of the entry form and submit by email to [email protected].
For more information, visit Drivers of Change Awards.