Enter the Siemens Stiftung – Empowering People Award 2015 (Up to 50,000 EUR)
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Siemens Stiftung is now accepting applications for the “empowering people. Award 2015”. The Award is on the lookout for appropriate technologies to improve basic supply in crucial areas. The aim of the “empowering people. Award” and the “empowering people. Network” is to connect innovative solutions for basic supply problems in developing countries with potential partners, investors and other key players in development work.
Inventors and social entrepreneurs are called upon to submit their simple tech innovations and related business strategies in eight categories. The “empowering people. Award” is supported by the Global Alliance of Siemens Foundations.
- Waste Management and Recycling
- Food and Agriculture
- Water and Waste Water
- Housing and Construction
- Information and Communication Technology
- Integral Solutions
- The Siemens Stiftung will honour the 1st prize-winner with a sum of 50,000 EUR.
- The second prize is valued at 30,000 EUR,
- the third at 20,000 EUR and a further 5,000 EUR will be awarded to 20 runners up.
- A Community Prize will also be awarded with a prize of hardware to the value of 5,000 Euro.
- The winners will further receive promotion on an international scale with global public relations activities ensuring wide visibility. They will become members of an international Network that offers essential support, valuable know-how, helpful insights and connections.
- The “empowering people. Award” is addressed to any individual, team, organisation or enterprise
from any region in the world as long as they comply with the Terms & Conditions.
- The AT-Verband and FASE as well as employees of the Siemens Stiftung are not allowed to enter.
Submitting enterprises should fulfill the following criteria:
- The enterprise develops solutions or products which have the potential of social impact for people in developing and emerging countries.
- The enterprise develops solutions or products which are already successfully implemented to improve basic supply in developing or emerging countries.
- The enterprise has a strong focus on job creation.
- The enterprise follows values such as fairness, social responsibility and self-sustainability.
- The enterprise is not a microfinance institution, private equity fund or deposit taking institution.
Entries will be evaluated according to:
- Potential of project to help solve basic supply problems
- Technical feasibility with regard to resources at hand, functionality and reliability in local conditions
- (Social) Business concept regarding job creation and replicability
- Financial sustainability potential
- Environmental performance
How to Apply
Submit entries online at Empower People network.
Do you know anyone who’s developed a promising low-technology solution or product? Then nominate them to enter the “empowering people. Award 2015“ and win yourself a prize!
Post on Facebook or tweet and make sure you:
- Tag the person/organization you would like to nominate.
- You must use the Hashtag #ENTERepA2015
- Make sure you post publically .
- And then the person/organization just has to enter their project
Full details on nominations here.