Submit Nominations For The Future Awards Africa 2015
Deadline: September 11, 2015
The Future Project is now accepting nominations for the Future Awards Africa 2015. These awards celebrate young people between the ages of 18 and 31, who have made outstanding achievement in the year under consideration.
The Future Project (TFP), a social enterprise set up with a strong, practical commitment to human and capital development, especially in Africa. The Future Project is the largest home-grown network of policy-makers, business people, and other stakeholders in Young Africa.It is also committed to finding effective and innovative ways of addressing social issues. It has become one of the most respected private sector-driven development platforms with a history of verifiable impact, including in under-privileged and grassroots communities.
Nominations are open to young Africans between the ages of 18 and 31.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Advocacy & Activism: This award is given to a young person who has demonstrated exceptional vision, passion, and commitment to a social or developmental cause and made a measurable impact on lives.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Technology:This award is given to a researcher, scientist, innovator, inventor who has distinguished herself or himself and achieved a measurable breakthrough in the field of science and technology.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Community Action: This award is given to a young person who has remarkably changed the lives of a community or communities.
- The Future Awards Prize in Entertainment:This award is given to a young person in the entertainment industry who has recorded remarkable achievement in music, acting, dance, television, fashion and other fields of entertainment.
- The Tony O Elumelu Prize in Business:This award is given to an entrepreneur who has demonstrated extraordinary vision, leadership, and commitment to running a business enterprise, and recorded measurable business success in terms of growth (profit, market share, employees) and/or in terms of his or her reputation (creativity, quality, and aesthetic).
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Public Service: This award is given to a professional or technocrat who has made outstanding contribution in public service.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Agriculture: This award is given to an entrepreneur, advocate, or professional who has demonstrated vision, leadership, and commitment and made a measurable impact in the field of agriculture, and agro-related causes and organizations.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Enterprise Support:This award is given to a young person(s) who has excelled in running a business or organisation whose service or work enhances supports or provides solutions for SMEs.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize in Education: This award is given to a young person who has recorded measurable impact in advancing education through advocacy, activism, innovation, enterprise, and, institution building.
- The Future Awards Africa Prize for Young Person of the Year: This prize is awarded to a young African whose work sets him or her apart as a role model, setting the pace for other young leaders on the continent. He/She must also demonstrates entrepreneurial and leadership abilities, potential to change his or her sector, market awareness, and understanding.
Complete and submit the online nomination form.
For more information, visit the Future Awards 2015.