Deadline: August 30, 2015
Entries are now invited for the 2015 #ShowYourSkillsCampaign, a photo competition to show off the skills of youth across Africa. The campaign is launched by the Afterschool Centre for Career Development (formerly known as Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project) as part of its activities to celebrate and promote the inaugural United Nations World Youth Skills Day held on July 15th 2015.
The #ShowYourSkillsCampaign seeks to generate greater awareness on the relevance skills development comprising core skills, technical and vocational skills as well as highlight the place of skills acquisition in driving employability and entrepreneurship. The Campaign is hinged on the fact that skills will continually drive the labour market and the future of work for both local and global economies and the need for young people to position themselves accordingly.
The Afterschool Centre for Career Development is a non-governmental, capacity development organization committed to inspiring, investing and engaging young people as well as facilitating growth opportunities for young persons in transitional stages of their lives. We ignite young people to set career goals and walk them through the achievement of such goals enabling them transit seamlessly from school to work.
The best pictures that demonstrate skills will win the following:
- An all-expense-paid trip to Cape Town, South Africa in October 2015
- Scholarships to attend entrepreneurship courses
- Feature Interview in two national newspapers
- Feature interview on a national TV Show
- Open to young people across Africa under 35 years of age
How to participate
- Send a picture of yourself showing off your skills
- Tweet to @Afterschool_dev using the hashtag #ShowYourSkillsCampaign and #YouthSkillsDay
- Refer your friends to tweet at #ShowYourSkillsCampaign and #YouthSkillsDay and mention you in their tweets
- At the end we will compile the submitted pictures into a skills handbook that will be shared globally.
For more information, inquiries, and partnerships on the #ShowYourSkillsCampaign, please contact: