Deadline: September 30, 2015
WAAW is pleased to announce its 2016 scholarships for female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need-based African female STEM-focused college education.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need.
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year.
Scholarship Award: $500/year.
How to Apply
Complete the online scholarship application. Your application will include the following:
- Application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are a strong criteria in determining candidates who are short listed. Responses to essay questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have you essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
- 3. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendations and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED AT THIS TIME. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted.