Stanford University’s Free Online Course On Technology Entrepreneurship
Stanford University is offering a free online course on Technology entrepreneurship. This course introduces the fundamentals of technology entrepreneurship, pioneered in Silicon Valley and now spreading across the world.
- Workload: 10-20 hours per week.
- Technical Requirements: You need a computer that allows you to watch the video lectures, and the ability to upload your assignments which will be reports and powerpoint/video presentations.
- Statement of Accomplishment: Subject to satisfactory performance and course completion, you will receive a statement of accomplishment signed by the instructor. This statement will not stand in the place of a course taken at Stanford or an accredited institution.
By the end of the course, you will learn:
- the fundamentals of technology entrepreneurship
- Articulate a process for taking a technology idea and finding a high-potential commercial opportunity (high performing students will be able to discuss the pros and cons of alternative theoretical models)
- Create and verify a plan for gathering resources such as talent and capital
- Create and verify a business model for how to sell and market an entrepreneurial idea
- Gain an entrepreneurial mindset of turning problems into opportunities that can be used in larger companies and other settings.
For more information, visit Stanford University NovoEd.