GSA is Hiring! EU Operations Coordinator Position.
Deadline: August 28, 2015
The GSA is hiring a full time EU Operations Coordinator to lead region-based policy advocacy, promotion, member outreach, and fundraising activities. Established in 2011, The Global Shea Alliance (GSA) is a nonprofit industry association based in Accra, Ghana.
The EU Operations Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the GSA managing director. The annual salary is approximately €40,000. This position is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious junior level employee seeking challenging growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Minimum of two years experience in international development, sustainable supply chains,policy advocacy, and/or non-profit work.
- Passion and commitment for women’s empowerment in Africa.
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with public and private institutions.
- Ability to learn and quickly assimilate diverse technical information.
- Proven ability to organize, work independently, and achieve quantifiable results.
- Concise and convincing written and verbal communication ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day operations simultaneously.
- Must currently hold EU citizenship or EU work permit.
- Develop and execute an advocacy strategy with members and partners to achieve identified policy objectives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with political leaders, government agencies, policy institutions, and others.
Promotion and Outreach
- Research, design, and lead a marketing campaign to promote shea in food and cosmetic industries.
- Develop and maintain relationships with research institutions and a variety of EU media outlets.
- Coordinate publication of news articles.
- Identify and engage new EU members.
- Recruit partners to support GSA sustainability program.
- Manage and produce annual EU Trade and Industry Conference.
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities via private foundations, government agencies, international donors, and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Coordinate with GSA technical staff to submit proposals.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by August 28, 2015.
For more information visit Global Shea Alliance.