2016 WEPs CEO Leadership Awards
Deadline: October 30, 2015
Nominations are now open for the prestigious 2016 WEPs CEO Leadership Awards, which recognize business leaders for their exceptional championship of gender equality and support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles. The Awards salute concrete and innovative actions taken to advance the 7 Principles and particularly Principle 1.
- Principle 1: Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Principle 2: Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Principle 3: Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Principle 4: Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Principle 5: Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Principle 6: Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Principle 7: Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Nominations are open to companies who meet the following criteria:
- CEOs (present or past) who have signed or intend to sign the WEPs CEO Statement of Support by 30 October 2015; and
- Companies that are participants of the United Nations Global Compact or intend to become participants within the next six month
- Benchmarking for Change – Recognizes a company for embedding accountability to achieve gender equality through meaningful metrics, indicators, and reporting to track and monitor the inclusion of women at all levels of the company’s operations.
- Business Case for Action – Recognizes a company for the implementation of a cross-cutting strategic initiative to sustainably establish inclusion and equality, and transform company behavior and practices.
- Community Engagement – Recognizes a company for its alignment of values and business case applied to a long-term investment in community, leveraging community engagement to build community-driven and participatory local programmes.
- Cultural Change for Empowerment – Recognizes a company for its public, unwavering and proactive commitment to gender equality throughout its business operations that is complemented by a record of expansive programming elevating women’s equality in the workplace and throughout their communities
- 7 Principles – Recognizes a company for taking coordinated action and implementing policies to deliver powerful results aligned with the 7 Principles
The WEPs CEO Leadership Award will be presented at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City at a highly publicized ceremony within the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event, in observance of International Women’s Day March 2016 (date to be announced by September 2015). The awards ceremony, which is web-streamed around the world, offers the CEO award recipient a unique platform to highlight the company’s commitment and achievement to the Women’s Empowerment Principles. Please Note: Award recipients are expected to participate at the ceremony. The WEPs Team will work with company representatives to facilitate arrangements and logistics
Award recipients will have the opportunity to speak directly about their commitment at a ceremony held at the United Nations during the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event.
Download and complete the nomination form here. E-mail completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit Empower Women.