Deadline: September 15, 2015
Applications are invited for the Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship. The Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuously high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides. In order to fulfill its purpose, the Institute relies upon close and ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from Germany and around the world.
With this in mind, the Institute and its association of supporters have established a fellowship programme for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches.
- Fellows receive a monthly stipend of 1000 EUR. Fellowships are usually awarded for a period of one to one-and-a-half months, with a minimum duration of two weeks.
- The Georg Eckert Institute will not automatically reimburse travel expenses. Nevertheless, fellows may apply for a travel allowance, which may be granted, provided funds are available, in cases of demonstrable need. The allowance will cover up to 50% of the fellow’s travel expenses, to a maximum of 500 EUR.
- Fellowship holders must ensure that they are covered by adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay.
- Candidates for a fellowship should hold a university degree, or have attained a comparable qualification in the field of education. The institute also wlecomes applications from people who are involved in the writing of textbooks or employed by textbook publishers, as well as those whose activities in the field of education are concerned with curricula and textbooks.
- The work to be undertaken during the fellowship must be conducive to the Institute’s own work or projects in the field of international textbook research. Some fellowships are reserved for individuals who conduct projects affiliated with the Institute.
- The Institute may occasionally offer fellowships attached to a specific topic on a competitive basis.
Application should include:
- Complete fellowship application form (cover letter);
- A CV, containing details of the candidate’s professional background and/or academic career to date, including information on their current position and language skills;
- A list of publications;
- A one- to three-page outline of the proposed research topic, describing its aims and methodology;
- A specific list of the primary and/or secondary literature which the candidate wishes to study at the Institute; this documents the importance of a research stayat the GEI.
Please send your application, containing all required documents in the required format (in one PDF-file, max. 2 MB), by e-mail to [email protected].
For more information, visit Georg Eckert Institute Fellowship.