Apply: Global Citizenship Education National Youth Training – Islamabad, Pakistan
Deadline: August 27, 2015
Are you passionate about education, youth engagement and global citizenship (GCED)? Apply to participate in the Global Citizenship Education National Youth Training taking place in Islamabad, Pakistan from September 11th to September 13th, 2015. The training is organized by Global Education First Initiative (GEFI) Secretariat in partnership with Youth Advocacy Group (YAG) of GEFI in Pakistan and CHRS (Complete Human Resource Solution).
Global citizenship education recognizes that it is no longer enough for education to produce individuals who can read, write and count – education must be transformative and bring shared values to life. Education plays a central role in helping people forge more just, peaceful, tolerant and inclusive societies, and can help people develop the understanding, skills and values they need to address the global challenges we face.
With 23.5% of its 180 million-strong population between the ages of 15 and 23 years old, Pakistan has one of the largest youth populations in the world. These young people will determine the future of Pakistan. The training aims to increase participants’ understanding of Global Citizenship Education and equip them with skills to advocate for these themes both in their communities and nationally.
The participants will develop advocacy strategies that they can implement in their communities, and will also think practically and critically about opportunities they have to train other young people about Global Citizenship.
A total of twenty young people will be selected to participate and all travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the organizers.
- Open to young person between 17 and 25 years of age in Pakistan
- Have demonstrated leadership ability
- Be passionate global citizens committed to bringing positive change to their communities
- Have some previous youth engagement experience, specifically in the education sector and/or with Global Citizenship Education
- Be committed to disseminate what they learn in the course with their peers and through their community.
How to Apply
- Interested young people are encouraged to apply by completing this form by 27th August: http://goo.gl/forms/C5zEkigbyW
Further trainings are planned for other countries later this year.
For more information, visit Global Citizenship Education Training.