Apply for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program – Honolulu, USA
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Applications are invited for the POSCO Visiting Fellowship Program. The Fellowship Program, endowed by POSCO, is intended to promote research activities on Korean topics at the East-West Center. In particular, the POSCO Fellowship Program is intended to generate constructive and informative research in four important areas:
- Issues concerning the two Koreas and Northeast Asia;
- Security issues involving Korea and Northeast Asia;
- Economic and social issues in Korea;
- Political development in South Korea.
POSCO visiting fellows are in residence at the East-West Center for one to two months and undertake research and writing on an agreed topic. They are required to give one seminar, prepare a high quality paper to be submitted for publication, and join in East-West Center activities. The Fellow may also be asked to participate in local outreach and public diplomacy activities. Proposals for cost-shared fellowships are welcomed.
Fellows are provided with a stipend and round trip economy airfare between their home base and Honolulu.
- Open to outstanding scholars and policy makers.
Submit the following to complete application.
- Application form;
- A cover letter indicating the research theme or project for which the applicant is applying;
- Curriculum vitae (For security purposes, please do not include any personal information–e.g., birthdate, social security numbers, and/or passport number. In addition, your CV may be circulated among EWC staff.);
- Names of three referees, including full name, title, address, telephone and fax number, and email address;
- Research proposal (3 to 5 pages).
- Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
Coordinator of POSCO Visiting Fellowships
1601 East-West Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96848-1601
For more information, visit POSCO Visiting Fellowship.