Gates Cambridge Scholarship to Study at University of Cambridge (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: October 14 & December 2, 2015
Gates Cambridge Scholarship application is now open. Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
This Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university.The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
Applicants must be:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it
- Note: The following courses are ineligible:
- BA (undergraduate)
- BA affiliated (a second BA)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- Courses at universities other than Cambridge
- apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack. Please read the detailed applications instructions before applying.
- submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office:
- GRADSAF application form (which includes a Gates Cambridge section)
- Academic transcripts
- 2 academic references
- 1 personal reference (for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship)
- Some applicants will be required to submit (1)English language test scores (2)A research proposal, an example of your written work, a GRE/GMAT score,
- For the MBA and MFin programmes you need to apply direct to the Judge Business School
October 14, 2015(Round 1- For US Citizens only)
December 2, 2015 (Round 2-citizens of all countries other than the USA (except the United Kingdom) and US citizens normally resident outside the USA)
For more information, visit Gates Cambridge