Deadline: October 2, 2015
Applications are now accepted for the OPEC Young Professional Development Program (YPDP). This is a structured 2-year program that has been designed to attract and develop young professionals from OFID’s Member Countries, and aims at equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to meet the minimum requirements for OFID’s entry level professional positions.
The YPDP will allow participants to become acquainted with OFID’s operations and how the different departments/units contribute to the achievement of the institution’s overall strategic and operational goals. Based on an Individual Development Plan, YPDP participants should spend at least 50% of the duration of the Program in the home department/unit. Through this Program, participants will gain valuable on-the-job experience, and they will also benefit from a coaching/counselling arrangement as well as a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon completion of the 2-year Program, a participant may be offered employment at OFID, based on job availability, OFID’s manpower needs and the outcomes of his/her performance appraisal reviews.
OFID offers a compensation and benefits package that is internationally competitive and comparable with other multilateral institutions. Participants will also be entitled to benefits of internationally recruited staff members which include; housing allowance, dependency allowance, relocation grant, home leave allowance, medical benefits plan, children’s education subsidy, accident insurance plan and retirement benefits, amongst others.
Selection to the YPDP is highly competitive because of the limited number of vacancies available each year. Selected candidates will be graduates from reputable universities. The following are minimum requirements that candidates should meet to be eligible for the Program:
- OFID Member Country national (Member Country nationals who are citizens or residents of the host country are not eligible).
- Be 28 years of age or younger
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Outstanding academic credentials (minimum of a 3.0 G.P.A or equivalent)
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more international languages is strongly desired
- Specialized in a field relevant to OFID’s operations such as development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution within an international and multicultural environment
- An understanding of OFID’s mandate
- Willingness to serve OFID for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program, if selected.
Young Professionals are chosen through an intensive and rigorous selection process. Applicants accepted in each year will join the Program in the first quarter of the subsequent year. Candidates who are offered a position in the YPDP shall respond within 2 weeks. Only candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may be contacted for interviews.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the online YPDP Application Form.
When you are applying, please keep in mind the following:
- Read instructions carefully, before starting to complete the form.
- Please note that fields marked with an asterix (*) are mandatory.
- DD = Day, MM = Month number, MMM = First three characters of month name, YYYY = Year.
- Where the selection list does not have the option you want to select, please type the information in the relevant Others Specify or Comments fields.
- When you have answered all questions in the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form. This will transmit the information you have entered and register you as a candidate for OFID’s Young Professional Development Program.
- All applications must be completed in English
OFID will only accept and consider applications from qualified candidates who complete the official online YPDP Application Form before the deadline.
For more information, visit OPEC Young Professional Development Program.