Apply for The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) West Africa Region
Deadline: September 7, 2015
YALI West Africa region is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates.The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by President of the United States Barack Obama as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders.
The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person in Ghana, or online and the remaining 12 weeks (back home) distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period.
Focusing on the 5 week coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective course selected from a sample of three courses covering three themes, namely Entrepreneurship, Public Policy and Management, and Civil Society Management.
The YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is looking for young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 from Togo, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Liberia, and Sierra Leone who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries.
- have no criminal record
- know how to read and write in English
- have a valid international passport to travel
- At the end of the program participants will be awarded with certificates and become a members of the YALI Alumni
- Participants will be taken through various forms of Leadership training-type modules which will prepare them for leadership roles in their various endeavors.
- Participants will acquire modern concepts, policies and practices to effectively manage people.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the online application form.
For more information, visit YALI West Africa