Deadline: November 1,2015
The Kellogg institute of International Studies is offering visiting fellowships to scholars and practitioners who conduct international research on democracy and/or human development. This fellowship is designed to promote interdisciplinary international research in a supportive community of scholars. This widely respected residential program offers fellows some time to pursue scholarly inquiry , advance their personal research, and collaborate with other scholars and practitioners from across the US and around the globe. visiting fellow, you pursue research related to Kellogg Institute themes of democracy and human development, share your research with the Notre Dame scholarly community, and have the opportunity to publish in Kellogg’s peer-reviewed Working Paper Series.
Visiting Fellowships include:
- Travel expenses
- Medical insurance benefits
- Partial housing subsidy for the Hesburgh Center Residences or other on-campus housing
This fellowship is open to :
- Promising junior and mid career scholars (typically postdocs and assistant or associate professors)
- Distinguished senior scholars with an established record of scholarly excellence
- Accomplished policy makers, journalists, and other practitioners whose knowledge and experience can link policy and scholarship
Most successful applicants will hold a PhD or equivalent degree in a social science discipline or in history.
- In exceptional cases, the Institute will support applicants with a PhD or its equivalent in other disciplines.
- The Institute welcomes applications from eminent scholars and practioners who do not hold a PhD.
- Advanced ABD graduate students may apply, but awards are contingent on their having completed the PhD before beginning the fellowship.
Eligibility Considerations (for non-US citizens/residents)
The following should be considered when applying for a Kellogg Institute fellowship:
- Advanced English language proficiency is required.
- Foreign nationals must have a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 Visa.
How to Apply
To apply for a Kellogg Institute visiting fellowship, please go to http://kellogg.fluidreview.com
You will be asked to create an account and you will need to remember your login and password in order to save and return to your application until you are ready to submit.
A complete application will consist of the following documents uploaded through the online application system:
- Cover letter addressing your interest in the fellowship and specifying your preferred term of stay
- Curriculum vitae
- A research project statement (6–10 double-spaced pages)
- Names and email addresses for three letters of recommendation. The application system will generate an email to the three recommenders you identify. Please ensure that these individuals are aware that letters of recommendation will be submitted through the online application system.
For more information, visit Kellogg Institute of International Studies.