Full and Part-Time Internships at the UN
Deadline: September 16, 2015
The United Nations Foundation (UNF) offers unpaid semester-long full and part-time internships during the fall (roughly September -December), spring (roughly January – April), and summer terms (roughly May – August). Interns participate in a variety of activities and perform a number of tasks in support of the department for which they work. The number and nature of internships depends on the needs of the various departments.
Objectives of the Internship Program
- To expose students to the work of the UN and to encourage them to consider careers in the UN or UN related causes;
- To provide a framework by which individuals from diverse academic backgrounds can utilize their theoretical knowledge in practical work assignments; and
- To aid the UNF/BWF in achieving its mission.
Available Positions and Locations
- New York Health and Partnerships Intern (Fall Session) – NewYork
- Global Partnerships Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Public Affairs Digital/Editorial Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Global Health Strategy, mHealth Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Information Technology Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Public Affairs Media Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Energy and Climate Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
- Girls and Women Data Knowledge Management Intern (Fall Session) – Washington
Applicants must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university with a demonstrated interest in the UN and international development.
- Applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter online. Only those applications submitted online will be considered.
- Applicants are also advised to visit UNITED NATIONS FOUNDATION‘s page regularly as internship openings are posted in the weeks prior to the beginning of each semester. The United Nations Foundation accepts internship applications for posted positions only.
For more information, visit UN Internships.