Scholarship to Attend the European Diplomacy Workshop
Deadline: October 4, 2015
The European Diplomacy Workshop (EDW) is a week-long, first in Europe program devoted solely to the Eastern Partnership, European Neighborhood Policy and European Union Foreign Policy. Based on workshops from experts in the fields of EU Foreign Policy (Eastern Partnership and European Neighborhood Policy), and hands-on skills training in International Negotiations, Strategic Planning and Leadership, the European Diplomacy Workshop is designed for emerging political and social leaders, public servants and non-governmental representatives who are eager to learn how to influence the changing context of their country. The program is organised in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and PZU.
Participants will also have the opportunity to meet the authors of the Eastern Partnership initiative, Minister Carl Bildt and Minister Radosław Sikorski. The program is organised in cooperation with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and PZU.
Objectives of the Workshop
- Providing the participants with an comprehensive understanding in the fields of EU Foreign Policy, Eastern Partnership and Russia & EU relations.
- Giving participants opportunities to broaden their EU and regional specific knowledge and acquire and practice essential skills necessary for shaping the modern world.
- Establishing a forum for exchanging experiences and enhancing cooperation between leaders from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Development of expert level knowledge and communication skills.
- Reinforce negotiations and decision-making skills.
- The scholarship covers accommodation, meals (breakfasts, lunches, coffee breaks), workshop & materials, certificates. Participants are expected to arrange their own travel and visas if necessary.
A select number of scholarships will be awarded to participants from Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine).
- People who have completed their 4th year of studies (graduate students, doctoral candidates and early career professionals may also apply)
- Emerging political and social leaders who want to make difference in their country.
- Internationally minded persons who are interested in public service and have passion for serving their fellow countrymen.
- Professionals eager to acquire the leadership training and skills to take on the world’s most demanding issues.
- Highly motivated students who are dedicated to mastering the practice of international relations.
The European Academy of Diplomacy is proud to have more than 150 alumni from the EDW from 30 different countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Canada, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, the United States).
To apply for the scholarship, submit CV (in Europass format), short Statement of Motivation and the Essay here.