Apply for the United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Awards
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Applications are invited from political cartoonists of print publications, electronic media, and online media throughout the world to participate in the competition for the year 2015.
The United Nations in its desire to promote the highest standard of excellence in political cartoons depicting the spirit of the United Nations has established this annual political cartoon award given in the international field, and named the award after political cartoonist Ranan Lurie. Entries for awards should reflect the importance of human dignity, mutual respect and friendship among nations, as well as economic consideration and environmental responsibilities towards each other.
Thirteen prizes will be awarded this year.
- First prize – USD 10,000 and a plaque;
- Second prize – USD 5,000 and a plaque;
- Third prize – USD 3,000 and a plaque;
- Ten honorable mentions, in the form of plaques.
- Entries for these awards may be made by any professional individual, and should consist of political cartoons printed in any publication published anywhere, in any language.
- The entry must consist of reproductions only. The cartoon reproductions will be accepted only as published, with name of publication, language and date included, accompanied by a newspaper reprint, and translated into English.
- Exhibits are limited to two cartoons per person. Reproductions must be presented measuring no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches. Envelopes larger than 9 x 13 inches will not be opened.
- Print out the entry form to enter the competition.
- Submit by mail with the materials specified by the rules. Entries must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
THE UNITED NATIONS/RANAN LURIE
POLITICAL CARTOON AWARDS
25 Columbus Circle, Suite 63E
New York, NY 10019
For more information, visit United Nations/Ranan Lurie Political Cartoon Awards.