Workshop for Female Documentary Filmmakers
Deadline: September 25, 2015
Swedish filmmakers Karin Ekberg and Johanna Berhardson and Sakdoc Film, with the support of The Swedish Institute, organize a workshop for female documentary filmmakers from Caucasus. The workshop aims to empower female filmmakers in the beginning of their career and give them skills and confidence to reach an international level. The workshop also aims to raise an awareness of gender equality behind and in front of the camera, and a long term change of attitudes. The workshop will be held in the frame of Tbilisi International Documentary Film Festival (Cinedoc).
- Participation is free of charge.
- Organizers will cover accommodation, coffee breaks and lunches for selected participants.
- Open to semiprofessional female directors and producers from Caucasus with a documentary film project on development stage.
- Working language of the workshop is English. All participants must be able to communicate in English and visuals for the application need English subtitles.
To apply, submit the following documents:
- Synopsis of your documentary film project;
- Treatment of your documentary film project;
- Director ́s note of your documentary film project;
- Bio/filmography of the director/producer;
- Visual materials (research photos/research film material/trailer). Please note that some visual materials, at least research photos must be included.
- All the requested information should be saved as one single PDF file and attached with your application form, also saved as a PDF and e-mailed to the following address: [email protected], together with links and passwords of visual (subtitled) material on vimeo or youtube.
For more information, visit Workshop for Female Documentary Filmmakers.