She Entrepreneurs Programme 2016 for Young Women
Deadline: October 8, 2015
The call for applications for She Entrepreneurs 2016 is currently open! She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden that aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women changemakers.
She Entrepreneurs runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms.
During the programme participants are provided with inspiration, knowledge and tools to develop a business idea for sustainable change that they have already started working on in their country or region. Through the programme, participants are also offered the opportunity to meet leading social and business entrepreneurs as well as become a part of an active network of women social entrepreneurs that supports personal and professional development.
The She Entrepreneurs programme includes the following areas:
- Knowledge building: theoretical and practical seminars, workshops and discussions on topics such as leadership, social entrepreneurship, business communications, branding, finance and funding.
- Project work: with inspiration and new tools the participants get an opportunity to further develop their social initiative and work on their business plans with the aim to create a more sustainable business.
- Study visits and meetings with entrepreneurs: organised study visits to relevant social business initiatives and inspiring social entrepreneurs in Sweden and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Discussions and constructive feedback on the participants’ social projects from leading social and business entrepreneurs and group mentors constitutes an important part of the programme and in the personal and professional development of the participants.
- Network: participants become members of an active network of young emerging women social entrepreneurs who support each other in driving change through innovative solutions.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the She Entrepreneurs Programme are covered by the Swedish Institute.
- The Institute will pay for air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region.
Open to social entrepreneurs who address social challenges and strive for positive social change through initiatives based on entrepreneurial principles.
- You should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on.
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above.
- You are between 20 and 36 years old.
- You should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
*Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID
How to Apply
- You apply by filling out the She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form and submitting it through their online applications portal. Please note that they do not accept applications submitted via email. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
A complete application consists of:
- a completed She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to she(a)si.se.
For more information, visit She Entrepreneurs 2016.