Deadline: December 15, 2015
The Shell Idea 360 competition now open! Shell Ideas360 is a global ideas competition for students to develop ideas that tackle the pressures on the world’s Food, Water and Energy resources.
This competition comprises of 3 stages:
Stage 1 (Formulate): Register online – Explorer the online community – Introductory Google Hangouts.
Stage 2 (Develop): Selected ideas will have access to:
- A designated mentor
- Expert Google Hangouts – support to further develop your idea, Leadership & business skills training to enhance your career
Stage 3 (Pitch): Connect with your Shell mentor and experts to access business skills Google Hangouts
This competition is open to
- anyone who is, or will be, the higher of 18 years of age or the age of majority.
- anyone who is is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 01/12/2015) as a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding those studying for Phd or MPhil degrees, at one of the recognised, degree awarding universities or other equivalent higher education establishments set out on the World Higher Education Database.
This is not open to the residents of the province of Quebec and Canada
Prizes & Benefits
- Stage 1: Each member of a team that submits and idea receives a 3-month subscription to WIRED’s interactive digital edition (accessible on iPad, iPhone and Kindle Fire) and certificate of completion.
- Stage 2: Each member of a team that submits and idea receives a subscription to National Geographic Magazine and certificate of completion.
- Stage 3: Each member of the five finalist teams will receive a trip to the UK, a personalized medal and certificate of completion
- Each team member will receive a National Geographic Adventure of their choice and a trophy.
- Taking part in this competition will be a great addition to any student’s résumé/CV.
- Gain access to some of Shell’s renowned Subject Matter Experts.
- Networking opportunities: interact with students, industry leaders & business innovators.
- Learn & discover at each stage in the competition.
- Develop your big idea!
How to Enter
To participate in this competition, you need to register at Idea360.
Each Individual Participant/Team will be required to submit via the Competition Website the following in English:
Stage 1 Basic information about an idea that could help solve energy, water or food issues, including the following details:
- Title (6 words max)
- The Elevator Speech – a description of the idea in a couple of sentences (200 words max)
- Image/photo representing the idea
- Basic Category Selection– Energy/Water/Food
- A Self-Assessment of : How novel is your idea? How achievable is your idea? How relevant is your idea? How valuable is your idea?
b) Stage 2– a detailed project proposal and video (up to 3 minutes) explaining their idea in more detail.
- A briefing pack containing specific guidance as to the requirements for Stage 2 will be sent to relevant Participants at the start of Stage 2.
c) Stage 3– Pitch with supporting slides for presentation at the Final Event, being the “Stage 3 Submission”.
- A briefing pack containing specific guidance as to the requirements for Stage 3 will be sent to relevant Participants at the start of Stage 3.
(Key Dates for this competition)
For more information, visit Shell Idea360