Fully-Funded ECOWAS Fellowship Programme for Masters & PhD.
Deadline: October 14, 2015
The Association of African Universities (AAU) is pleased to announce the 2015 maiden edition of the ECOWAS Fellowship Programme for Masters and PhD (EFP) under the sponsorship of the Economic Commission for West African States (ECOWAS). The Programme seeks to promote capacity building within the ECOWAS 15-member countries by providing full fellowships for training and education for nationals of ECOWAS member states in higher education institutions of ECOWAS.
Applications are invited from all disciplines linked to the fields of strategic importance to the West African region such as:
1. Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM);
2. Earth and Life Sciences;
3. Health including maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, etc.;
4. Agriculture, Food Security and related disciplines
5. History of Africa
6. Information technology; and
7. Gender issues.
The ECOWAS Fellowship Programme (EFP) is a full scholarship intended to cater for each fellow’s costs of living, tuition fees, visas, travel, insurance and thesis research. In this respect, ECOWAS will pay the tuition fees directly to the institutions and provide a monthly stipend of US$600 per Masters student and US$800 per PhD student to cover all other expenses for the duration of the degree programme.
- The Programme is open to qualified nationals (including graduate students, researchers, lecturers, and staff) of ECOWAS member states who will be admitted for Masters or PhD degree programme at any one of the following three universities:
(a). University of Lagos, Nigeria
(b). University of Ibadan, Nigeria
(c). Université Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal
- A good first degree (at least second class upper division or its equivalent) is required for Masters degree programme. An MPhil degree or its equivalent is required for PhD programme.
- Priority will be given to Anglophone nationals who want admission into Francophone institutions, as well as to Francophone nationals who want admission into Anglophone institutions.
- Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the online application here.
- Upload your most recent CV and photocopies of degrees & certificates. Each supporting document that you upolad must not exceed 1MB