11th Africa-Europe Training Course for Youth Organisations – Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: October 12, 2015
Applications are now invited for the 11th Africa-Europe Training Course for Youth Organisations taking place between 8 November and 15 November 2015 Nairobi, Kenya. The training course will be held in the framework of the 7th edition of the African University on Youth and Development under the topic “Youth.org: actors for change!”
During the course, participants will develop competences and tools to strengthen their political participation in the context of the Africa-EU Strategic Partnership and develop competences for the capacity-building of their organisations as civil society actors in the development process.
This week-long course is open to around 20 participants aged 18-30 who play an active role within a youth organisation, network or service at national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future in the framework of the Africa-Europe Youth Co-operation.
In the framework of the 7th African University on Youth and Development, the training course aims to
- strengthen the role of youth organisations as civil society actors and enable youth to organise and take action;
- reinforce its political participation in Africa-Europe co-operation;
- promote the global citizenship of young people in Europe and Africa.
Costs and Benefits
- Support for Travel Expenses and Board and Lodging: The North-South Centre will do its best to issue a pre-paid ticket. In exceptional cases, participants might advance the booking of the international flight and reimbursement will be done fully or in an agreed amount. Please do not proceed with any booking until confirmation of selection and agreement regarding travel arrangements. Transfers from and to the airport in Nairobi will be assured by organisers.
- It is expected that participants/background organisation support the expenses related with local transport in the home country, as well as visa and necessary vaccination costs. Please look for information regarding health and visa needs that you might have to attend the activity.
- The board and lodging for the full duration of the training course is covered by the North-South Centre (accommodation and meals). Participants will be accommodated in double/triple rooms.
There is no participation fee for this training course.
The participants in this course are representatives of youth organisations in Europe and Africa. European and African national and international youth organisations are invited to propose candidates for this course. The selection will be carried out by the North-South Centre in consultation with partners of the training course.
Approximately 50% of the participants in this course will come from youth organisations in Europe; the other half will come from youth organisations in Africa. Gender balance will be ensured in the selection process of the participants, as well as the balance between the type and/or nature of organisations.
Concerning participants and their profile:
- should be a key multiplier playing an active role within a youth organisation, network or service at national or regional level, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- seeking gender balance;
- diverse social and geographical background (including disadvantaged and minority groups);
- aged between 18 and 30;
- have already some qualification or experience in terms of international youth work;
- be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by a youth organisation or service;
- be able to present the context of their work, their way of tackling problems, the challenges they meet;
- be able to work and communicate in English/French.
- Below find all the details in the Call for participation and the application form:
- All candidates fulfilling the criteria and wanting to participate should send the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th October 23.59pm (GMT+1) 2015.
- A recommendation letter from the organisation clearly stating the added value and possible follow-up of the participation of the applicant in the training course should be sent (scan version) in the same email of the application form. This letter should be signed and stamped.
The application form and recommendation letter are necessary to consider the application eligible. All applicants should receive a confirmation email of reception of documents within 5 working days after the submission of the application. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us.
The selection results will be announced by 16th October 2015.
For more information, visit 11th Africa-Europe Training Course.