Deadline: October 31, 2015
Are you a young African peace activist looking for the key to self-development to help you in your life and work? Would you like to learn how to develop your own inner peace in order to engage more effectively in your peace work? Peace Revolution Fellowship strives to bring peace to the world by supporting individuals to find inner peace and sharing that peace with their families, friends and communities, hence the slogan PIPO or Peace In, Peace Out
The training starts with 21 Days online self-development program on our interactive platform providing you the basic theory and practice; develop the tool for inner peace.
The fellowship offers 5 day (March 19-23, 2015) intensive training program providing participants with deeper insight in the relationship between inner peace and sustainable world peace through mindfulness and meditation and enhancing their ability to create peace within their family, professional and social environment. Hence participants will learn the benefits of meditation in relation to:
- Conflict prevention and resolution
- How to overcome fear and deal with terrorism
- Stress management and non-violent communication
- Self -discipline and Human Rights
- Leadership and the pillars for a Stable and peaceful Society
- Candidates must be African nationals residing in Central or West Africa : Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, South Sudan, Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Mauritania, Cape Verde, Senegal, Niger, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Togo, Ghana, Gambia, Burkina Faso, St.Helena
- Candidates should be 20-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the airfare support.
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program by November 30th . Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates have good proficiency in written and spoken English language. Those who can speak French will have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace building.
- Candidates should be young leaders in local, national or international organizations
The fellowship covers:
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Free accommodation
- Free catering
- Free local transportation
- Non-refundable Commitment fee of 100 USD. The fees need to be paid before the arrival to the retreat site, by Bank transfer or Western Union
Those residing in the countries other than the eligible countries mentioned above will not be considered! exceptions can be made for refugees who are from one of the eligible countries but live elsewhere.
How to Apply
Apply online at the Peace Revolution Fellowship.
For more information, visit Peace Revolution Fellowships or e-mail your questions to Molinge Henry ([email protected])