2016 Google Engineering Practicum Internships For Undergraduate Student-USA
Deadline: November 30, 2015
Are you an aspiring computer scientist interested in developing your technical and professional skills while working on Google products and services? If you are looking for an opportunity that will bridge the gap between academic study and a professional technical internship, then spend your summer interning with Google Engineering Practicum program.
The Engineering Practicum program is a 12-week developmental opportunity for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for technology — especially students from historically underrepresented groups in the field.
This internship will be at several locations in the US: USA (Mountain View, CA, Cambridge, MA, Kirkland, WA, New York, NY
1.The program is open to ALL qualified first & second year undergraduate university students,
2. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a first-year or second-year student (freshman or sophomore) currently attending a 4-year Bachelor’s program, majoring or intending to major in computer science or related technical field.
- First-year students must have taken one Computer Science course by end of first semester. (AP or IB Computer Science is acceptable).
- Must be completing their Bachelor’s program between April 2018 and August 2019.
- Must be attending an undergraduate university in North America or South America.
3. Preferred Qualifications
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, or C++.
- Second-year students should have taken two Computer Science courses.
- Students must be available for a 12-week internship from May 2016 to August 2016 or June 2016 to September 2016.
- During the summer you will work alongside other Practicum interns on a software project,
- Attend skills-based and professional development trainings,
- Receive mentorship from Google engineers.
- Gain firsthand experience on Google’s unique and innovative office culture.
How to Apply
You MUST complete and submit Parts 1 and 2 of the application.
Part 1: Click on the following link to complete the Engineering Practicum Questionnaire
Part 2: Please click on the red “Apply Now” button on this page to provide the following required materials:
- In the “Education Section”, a current unofficial or official transcript in English (PDF preferred). For first-year students, who do not have final grades, please provide a transcript or course list with your current classes.
- In the “Resume Section”, an updated resume AND answers to the essay questions (please upload the resume and essays together as ONE document) in English (PDF preferred)
2016 Eng Practicum Essay Questions (Each essay should be 200 words or less):
- What developed your interest in computer science? How will the EP program support your future goals?
- Tell us about a time you’ve used your strongest coding language. Please go into detail about your experience using this technical language (for example project, competition, website).
- The EP program is committed to increasing diversity within the technology industry. Why do you feel having a diverse workforce is important and what can Google do to further this goal in technology?
Note: All applications are review on a rolling basis! All hiring will be completed by March 2016