Deadline: November 30, 2015
Nordita, the Nordic Institute for Theoritical Physics, is pleased to announce a two-year postdoctoral position in Theoretical Soft Matter/Fluid Physics. The research project is to study mutual interactions between flows and elastic boundaries. The plan is to study the problem using both analytical and numerical techniques.
The successful candidate will work at Nordita in Stockholm in close colloboration withh Dhrubaditya Mitra, John Wettlaufer and with other members of the soft matter group. The appointment is for two years, starting Spring 2016 or some other date to be agreed upon.
The position is supported by grant from the Swedish Research Council.
- The candidate should have a PhD in Fluid Dynamics or related fields.
- Experience with numerical solutions of partial differential equations in general and familiarity with immersed boundary methods in particular is desired.
- Fill the online form. Only online applications will be considered.
- Application should contain a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, and a statement of research interests including future research plans not to exceed two pages. Additionally, candidates must arrange for at least three letters of recommendation to be submitted to the recruitment system.
- For further details on the project please contact Dhrubaditya Mitra at [email protected]
For more information, visit Nordita Postdoctoral Fellowship.