2016 World Forest Institute International Fellowship
Deadline: December 31, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2016 World Forest Institute International Fellowship. The World Forest Institute (WFI) was established to meet a growing demand for forestry information. This Fellowship Program provides a unique collaboration between the research community, private industry, and the public sector.
WFI program brings young forestry and forest products professionals from around the world to work at the World Forest Institute for 6 to 12 months. Fellows are commonly sponsored by their employer, government institutions, the forest industry, or an NGO, and work on research projects of interest to their sponsors.
- A monthly stipend of USD 1,000 after tax with holdings. The Fellowship salary is sufficient to cover basic living expenses such as rent and food.
- An all-zone public transportation permit;
- Work area with computer, private phone line, and high speed internet access;
- Flexible schedule with vacation and sick days;
- Support from two full-time staff, the WFI Director and Fellowship Program Manager;
- Personal orientation to Portland, including assistance with housing arrangements.
- Have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of forestry, natural resources, or other related degree. Alternatively, candidates with at least four years of natural resources work experience may apply;
- Be Proficient in English, both written and spoken;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Have initial research proposal on a topic relevant to forestry or natural resources in the home country. The project should take advantage of being in the Pacific Northwest;
- Have ability to be self-motivated, to work independently towards a clear research goal or output, and to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Download and Complete the WFI application. All sections must be completed including the financial section. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- If you are unsure whether a project you have in mind would meet the criteria, please email with a short description of your intended project before submitting your application.
- Email your complete application along with your CV or resume to WFI Sr. Programs Manager, Chandalin Bennett, [email protected] Please do not send a CV or letter of interest without a completed application form.
For more information, visit WFI International Fellowship.