Deadline: November 30, 2015
Peace Revolution invites applications for the 2016 South East European (SEE) Peace Fellowship taking place in Greece from April 1-3, 2016. Apply to the SEE Peace Fellowship and join young open-minded leaders keen on investing in their self-development and professional growth.
Have you achieved everything that you have been dreaming of? Have you felt like you wanted to change the world, but you do not know where to start? Have you felt like you want to change yourself, but you keep procrastinating the ‘better you’? Are you willing to be the change you want to see and to finally find peace within yourself and in your society? If yes, congratulations, this opportunity is just for you.
SEE Peace Fellowship aims to:
- Empower young people and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
- Bring young leaders and activists from the SEE region together to exchange experiences and provide a foundation for future cooperation. Strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support participants’ personal and professional development.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- Provide the participants with the tools to inner peace and leadership skills through mindfulness, self-discipline and compassion that helps strengthen their activism and place them in meaningful work.
- To explore the idea that self-development and inner change is a core foundation of world change.
- Promote active citizenship among young people and enhance their sense of solidarity by sharing their visions to manifest tangible changes in their communities.
- Partial airfare sponsoring for 20-32 years old
- Free accommodation & catering
- Free meditation retreat fee
- Meditation sessions and lectures
- Yoga classes
- Peace building workshops & activities
- Nationals and residents of these countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Cyprus.
- Age required between 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Young leaders who are actively involved in peace activities or have a passion to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media.
- Open-minded, positive young people who are searching for the tools to cultivate inner peace and mindfulness.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the venue.
For more information, visit SEE Peace Fellowship