Deadline: December 15, 2015
Applications are open for the Peace Revolution Bridge Fellowship taking place in Georgia from March 11-14, 2016. The Peace Revolution Bridge Youth Fellowship will bring together 30 young people from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia who are interested in learning and exploring self-reflection as primary mean to create real world change.
This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, tolerance and conflict prevention through the means of meditation and self-development. It will include interactive activities, meditation and yoga sessions, lectures and discussions providing the participants with the skills for non-violent resistance, peace education, enhanced creativity and stress-management. Participants will have a chance to explore meditation as a practice which can cultivate skills to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work, which makes this fellowship different from others.
- To bring young leaders and activists from the Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experience through dialogue and cooperation.
- To empower young people, offering them the space to create ideas for implementation of activities and events in their own communities.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied in all cultures.
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support personal and professional development.
- To explore the idea of self-development and inner change as a core foundation of sustainable world change.
Cost and Benefits
The fellowship fee as well as accommodation and food will be covered for the selected participants by the World Peace Initiative. Contribution to the coverage of airfare is possible based on personal statement of motivation.
Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the partial sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 20-32 years old.
In order to be chosen as participants for the Bridge Fellowship, the candidates should:
- Be the nationals and residents of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan;
- Be 20-32 years old at the time of submitting the application (to be eligible for the partial airfare support);
- Have completed at least 21 days of the online self-development program.
- Have good proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Be optimistic and open-minded, with demonstrated leadership potential, interested in cultivation and promotion of peace and mindfulness.
For more information, visit Peace Revolution Bridge Fellowship.