Ferguson Master’s Scholarships For African Students – SOAS University of London
Deadline: February 24, 2015
Qualified African nationals or resident in an African country are invited to apply for the Ferguson Scholarship. Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, four Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £25,000 in total and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance. The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit
- Eligible Programs: (i) Full-time MA African Studies, (ii) Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy, (iii)Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
How to Apply
- Apply for your program You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes
(ii)an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK,
(iii) two references,
(iv) CV and
(v)a personal statement.
Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Apply for the scholarship: You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form, which will be available here from 28 January 2016.