2016 Startup Challenge Monterey Bay- USA
Deadline: March 14, 2016
Startup Challenge Monterey Bay 2016 is a chance for innovators develop their ideas into new businesses. A regional new business competition, the Startup Challenge acts as an acceleration program for entrepreneurs in Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz counties. The Challenge provides workshops and mentoring over five months to empower entrepreneurs to communicate their ideas effectively to investors, customers and employees.
There are three divisions to the Challenge-
- The Venture Division, for businesses intending to grow into large enterprises with venture-investor level returns.
- The Main Street Division, for small businesses, sole proprietorship and non-profits.
- The Student Division, for students in high school, community colleges, colleges and graduate schools.
If you’re eligible for one of these, give the Challenge a try!
The main award includes a cash prize, although extensive mentorship and workshops will be available to all Finalists.
- The winner of the Venture Division will receive $20,000 in cash and runners up in this category will each receive $5,000 in cash.
- The winner of the Main Street Division will receive $10,000 in cash.
- The winner of the Student Division will receive $1,500 in cash.
How to Apply
Fill out an application online and be prepared to think carefully about all aspects of your business that are important for your success. A winning pitch is essential.
Those successful after the first application deadline will be invited to a Qualifying Round on 1st April 2016, in which the groups will be narrowed down to Finalists.
For more information, visit the Startup Challenge Monterey Bay website.