Deadline: December 31, 2015
The NEF Fellows is a select programme that recognises 15 of Africa’s best young scientists and technologists. These innovators and emerging leaders, at least 40 percent of whom are women, will have gain many opportunities to develop their own work and skills.
Already 12 of the fellows have been selected but the process is still open to Africa’s top female scientists and technologists. Are you a brilliant young female scientist or technologist doing globally relevant, locally impactful research or development?
NEF Fellows have a unique platform to:
- Present their work at the NEF Global Gathering in the presence of leading scientists, journalists, industries and business people from the world.
- Gain exposure to a global audience of approximately 100 million viewers and readers worldwide.
- Draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections and counsel to advance their work.
- Develop mentoring relationships with leading scientists, policymakers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders.
- Participate in campaigns and events to encourage young people to pursue scientific careers.
Participation is also completely free.
- Be 42 years of age or less as of December 31, 2015 .
- Hold a passport from an African country.
- Be a woman scientist or technology specialist, who holds a PhD in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or social science fields.
- Have a demonstrated track record of research/findings that have impact globally.
- Be passionate about raising Africa’s profile in science and/or social science.
- Be able to clearly present their work to an audience in English or French.
How to Apply
The application form can be downloaded via this webpage and requires the following information-
- Contact information.
- A 2-3 minute recorded video responding to specified questions about yourself.
- Some brief written answers to specified questions about the opportunity.
- Name and contact information of two referees.