Volvo Environment Prize 2016 – Stockholm, Sweden
Deadline: January 10, 2016
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Volvo Environment Prize. The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded annually with the purpose of rewarding outstanding scientific discoveries or innovations which in broad terms fall within the environmental field.
Since the first award in 1990 the Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes. Past laureates have included leaders in fields such as global change, biodiversity, energy efficiency, and others.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture, and cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 165,000 or USD 215,000) to be awarded in November at a ceremony held in Stockholm, Sweden.
- The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation invites universities, research institutes, scientists, engineers, as well as other individuals and organizations to submit nominations.
- Priority is given to an individual or to a group of named individuals.
- The span of disciplines and activities for which nominations can be made is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment.
- The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the Nomination form 2016 (PDF File). When not feasible, please contact the secretariat [email protected]
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
For more information, visit Volvo Environment Prize.