Deadline: April 1, 2016
Nominations for the2016 World of Children Award are now open. The World of Children Award was established to honor individuals who devote their lives to children and whose work has been extraordinary. It recognizes real-life heroes working to dramatically improve the lives of children across the globe, regardless of political, religious or geographical boundaries.
World of Children Award honors these leaders and grants them funds to support the proven, sustainable, high-impact programs they have created for children. These Awards ensure that more children’s lives will be touched, improved and changed forever.
- Honorees receive grant funds and media attention, both of which help their gold standard programs grow so that they will ultimately impact the lives of even more children.
- On October 27, 2016, World of Children Award will bring together all of the Honorees in New York City for an Awards Ceremony. Honorees must be able to participate in all related events during this time.
Awards are divided into five distinct categories:
- The Health Award ($50,000) is for those providing services specifically in the fields of health, nutrition, medicine and pediatric sciences.
- The Humanitarian Award ($50,000) is specifically for those providing social and humanitarian services.
- The Education Award ($50,000) is specifically for those providing educational and developmental services.
- The Protection Award ($50,000) is specifically for those providing anti-trafficking and anti-slavery services and protection from exploitation and abuse.
- The Youth Award ($25,000) is specifically for a young person under the age of 21 who is providing exceptional services/support to other children.
Please make your selection based on the work your Nominee has conducted for children, and be sure to review the Award Requirements before submitting your nomination.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Nominees must have full knowledge that they are being nominated. We strongly recommend that the person you are nominating and the related organization assist you in completing the nomination form.
- Nominees must be available to participate in the Annual Awards Ceremony held in New York City, USA, on October 27, 2016, if he/she is selected as an Honoree. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by World of Children Award.
- Nominees must be nominated for one Award only. Individuals submitted for multiple categories will be disqualified.
- Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if the Nominee is Awarded.
- Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth.Volunteers and paid staff, including the organization’s executive director, are not qualified for an Award.
- Only one individual from an organization can be nominated. If multiple individuals are nominated from the same organization, World of Children Award retains the right to select which Nomination Form/application to review, solely at its discretion.
- Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children. Organizations serving a substantial number of adults, while wonderful in their own right, do not align with this mission and may be disqualified.
- Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment. Alternatively, the Nominee must work for little or no pay.
- World of Children Award excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position. The Board of Governors of World of Children Award reserves the right to exclude Nominations it deems to be religious or political in nature.
- The organization of individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with organizations having less than a 10-year history will be disqualified. (See exception pertaining to the Youth Award below)
- Individuals nominated for the Education, Health, Humanitarian, or Protection Awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with less than 10 years of work will be disqualified. (See exception pertaining to the Youth Award below)
Selection Criteria for Youth Award Nominees
- Youth Nominees can be nominated for the Youth Award only, and must be under the age of 21 by the nomination submission deadline to be eligible.
- The organization of individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, NGO, or charity organization for a minimum of 3 years. Youth Nominees with organizations having less than a 3-year history will be disqualified.
- Individuals nominated for the Youth Award must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 3 years. Youth Nominees with less than 3 years of work will be disqualified.
For more information, visit World of Children Award.