Deadline: March 7, 2016
Applications are now open for the African Youth Excellence (AYE) Abroad Program. This unique study abroad program, aims to make the African youth in the Diaspora aware of the continent’s economic potentials and most importantly, reverse brain drain. To achieve this goal, AYE partnered with successful African based educational institutions and companies to create academic and career-oriented opportunities for young Africans who participate in the study abroad program.
AYE’s Study Abroad Program offers more than academic and cultural experiences; it provides you the opportunity to make an IMPACT. The AYE Study Abroad program is uniquely designed for foreign students of African descent to study, intern, research and explore opportunities in Africa for a semester. Here are some benefits:
- Study: Students will be placed at a premier university and take courses that are transferable to their home schools.
- Research: Students will be mandated to participate in group research in areas relating to both thriving and underdeveloped industries. Students are encouraged to undertake case studies.
- Internship: Students will be placed at emerging and top companies as interns for the purposes of exposing them to corporate Africa and other industries.
- Explore: Students will be encouraged to participate in cultural and local activities or events such as festivals, music and movie awards, and sporting events.
To be eligible for the AYE Study Abroad programs applicants meet the following criteria
- Second year student at an accredited four-year U.S university
- Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply
- Please speak to an AYE Advisor before you begin the application process.
- Please speak to your home school’s International Programs Office/ Study Abroad Office, Financial Aid Office and your Academic Advisor.
- Research courses you would like to take in order to make sure our host university offers them, and then work with your Academic Advisor to make sure you will get credit for those courses.
- Complete AYE’s Study Abroad Online Application.
Prepare all your supporting documents and send to AYE
- One official transcript
- One un-official transcript
- One letter of recommendation
For more information, visit AYE Abroad Program.